One-Day, 8-Hour Workshop, Facilitated by a PMP®
In a business world constantly requiring professionals to “do more with less,” exceptional management of people, deadlines, and budget is a must. Essential Project Management is designed to promote immediate and dramatic improvement in project management skills. In this highly interactive workshop, participants learn the fundamentals of effectively planning and efficiently managing a project to closure.
This hands-on workshop is facilitated by a PMP® certified instructor, and includes numerous opportunities for skill mastery. We limit the number of participants to 15, so that everyone has the opportunity to apply new knowledge and tools to their own real-life projects during the classroom experience.
IMMEDIATE TAKE AWAYS
• Results-oriented approach for successful project management
• Common understanding of Project Management terms and definitions
• Practical tools for immediate on-the-job application
• Confidence to implement project management best practices
• The ability to conclusively verify project success
• Effective management of people, scope, deadlines, and budget
• Applicable credits for PMP® and CAPM® certification
• Increased ROI
• Mitigation of risks to success
• More cohesive and cooperative project team
• Achievement of project goals and deadlines
• Measurable success
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, project leads, sponsors, key project contributors, business analysts, consultants, contractors, stakeholders, and other professionals contributing to development of a project or the success of a corporate goal.
Please note that this course satisfies educational requirements toward PMP® and CAPM® certification. These 8 Professional Development Units (PDUs), which equate to hours, are also good for continuing education units for other certifications like P.E.
• Define project terms and definitions
• Illustrate the project management processes
• Emphasize the importance of sponsorship
• Utilize the Project Charter process
• Design a Team Contract
• Analyze the project planning steps and their sequence
• Allocate time, expense, and resources
• Schedule a project and identify the critical path
• Assess project risks and their impact on project outcomes
• Design project risk mitigation strategies
• Incorporate changes into the project plan
• Understand how to set up a communication plan
• Explain the importance of closing out a project
TBD, Denver metro area
$595 per person (workbook, templates, and real project planning included).