DiSC is a personality assessment based on four primary styles: Dominance, Influence, Conscientiousness, and Steadiness.
Understanding your DiSC style and those of others provides insight that can improve rapport, communication, team effectiveness, customer service, and reduce interpersonal conflict. DiSC is used to increase individual and team performance and therefore bottom-line results. By establishing a common language that elevates the effectiveness of communication and teamwork, DiSC strengthens relationships which helps improve productivity and lead to better workplaces.
In this practical, interactive program participants will determine their own behavioral style through the use of the DiSC. Strategies for handling interpersonal conflicts, working more effectively on teams, and creating satisfying working relationships will be explored in a fun and engaging environment.
Objectives: Upon completion of this program participants will be able to:
- Understand the four major behavioral styles using the DiSC model
- Identify and harness their own individual behavioral style
- Identify and appreciate each the dominant style of others
- Work more effectively with individuals whose style is different from their own
- MODULE 1: OVERVIEW
- Discovering the DiSC
- Introduction to the Styles
- MODULE 2: DISCOVER YOUR OWN & OTHERS’ DISC STYLE
- Key characteristics of each style
- Understanding your own style
- Recognizing the styles of others
- Appreciating similarities and differences
- Your value to the organization/team
- MODULE 3: WORKING WITH OTHER STYLES
- How each style contributes to a team
- Learning to adapt your communication to different styles
- How to become a more effective team member harnessing style awareness
Half to full day